Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What I Did - Yesterday and Today

Well, obviously what I did not do yesterday was update the blog. I had the best intentions, and probably added a few more paving stones to a very hot place, of updating the blog yesterday. It just didn't happen. I did write yesterday, though not as much as I intended. Today, has been a different story. So, between yesterday and today (so far), here is what I did:
  • Started Chapter Nine (yesterday)
  • Finished Chapter Nine (today)
  • Started/Finished Chapter Ten (today)
  • Total Words So Far = 16,577

The story/plot is progressing nicely. It's still the rough draft, so there will be lots of work to do regarding story/plot/characters as I progress into the other drafts at some future point in time. As any reader of this blog should know, I don't do outlines. I have a general idea of what I want to accomplish from beginning to end. The middle is the hard part. Seriously, it's not really hard. I just sit down, write, and tell the story I want to tell. I try to maintain my daily writing goal. I try to make sure that the story is always moving forward. Hey, backslides happen every now and then. That's why writing is a multiple draft process.

BTW - finishing this project in a month might not happen since I am going on vacation part of next week. I'm trying to stay ahead of schedule to make up for the down town. Maybe I'll still be on schedule when I get back from vacation.

S

No comments: