Monday, October 13, 2008

What I Did Today

Back from vacation and back to my writing. I have officially reached the halfway point of the rough draft (25,892 words - 25K was the halfway point). There's a nice feeling of accomplishment right now. As much as I obsess, yes, obsess, about 2,000 words per day (really not necessary when I'm going for 50,000 words total on the rough draft status), it's nice to know that I'm really not behind schedule. I have made it to the halfway point. Whoo hoo!

This is what I've accomplished so far:
  • Reached the 25,000 word mark
  • Finished through Chapter Fourteen
  • Introduced the major characters and conflicts
  • Set the stage for the resolution of the conflicts
  • Total Words So Far = 25,892

This is where I plan to go with the 2nd half of the rough draft:

  • Begin the resolution of the various conflicts
  • Show the evolution of the characters from where they were to where they are going
  • Finish the rough draft by October 31, 2008

Life, at least from this moment in time, is pretty good. The getaway to Savannah, GA was good. I had lots of fun, toured the fabulous historic district, went out, and met some really nice people. I'm glad to be home. At the end of the day (yes, obvious reference to Le Miz), I like to be at home - familiar surroundings, the dogs, the cats, my partner of 14 years, and all the comforts of home.

S

No comments: