Saturday, August 15, 2009

Kreativ Award



I'd like to thank the Academy . . . ooops, wrong speech . . .




I'd like to thank B. J. Anderson for bestowing the Kreativ Award on my blog! Woo-hoo!


Now, as with any award, there are rules and all that jazz, such as . . .


Here are the rules:


1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. (see below)

5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


Now, the hard part! Seven things people might find interesting about me . . . Great, talk about pressure, I mean, it's bad enough I have to stand up in front of people and give this spontaneously prepared speech written on toilet paper during the last commercial break because I didn't want to prepare ahead and kind of jinx myself, and OMG, am I like talking really fast right now, because, you know, I kind of like, hate this public speaking thing, which would explain my poor grades in that class, and the reason I became a writer instead of following my true destiny to become . . . Oh, wait, this is a blog!


Here goes . . .


1) No clue, no clue, no clue . . . my childhood career of choice was veternarian. Somehow, I ended up in the insurance industry, and in my spare time I write.

2) Again, no clue, no clue, no clue . . . this isn't going well, not at all . . . when I was little, I was quite the chubby child and my sisters used to roll me down the hill in the backyard. Yes, they did, which explains that one therapy bill.

3) I'm quite competitive when it comes to games, especially Scrabble.

4) I can tell you the days of the week in Irish and even, on a good day, write them out.

5) I cannot stand spiders or bees. Not at all, not at all. In fact, I can't even watch movies about spiders/bees.

6) My high score at Typing Maniac on Facebook is 356,000

7) My mother once lived . . . oh, wait, not allowed to tell that story . . . she was once mistaken for . . . ooops, that one's off limits too . . . my mother was one of 88 grandchildren. Yes, she was. In fact, I'm one of 36 grandchildren. Yes, I come from a Catholic family.


Okay, so by now you've figured out I'm really not that interesting. Gee, who do I have to thank for the award again?


Now, the very, very hard part, I have to select 7 blogs . . .



Traci Lawrence - Words, Words, Words . . .




Tara Maya - Tara Maya's Tales

Lady Glamis (aka Michelle) - The Innocent Flower


Please note, there isn't any rhyme/reason for the order of the people I picked. Now, is there rhyme/reason as to why I picked these seven versus the many other blogs I follow? Quite possibly there is and quite possibly there isn't. Every blog I follow is important to me. I learn something from every single blog I follow publically and those where I just lurk in the background and pop in every now and then because, after all, there is only so much time in a day and I do have a life. : ) The whole thing about writing, at least in my opinion, is that a writer can never know enough, there is always something else to learn. Writing is a process. In order to succeed at writing, again in my opinion, a writer must continual hone their craft, learn all they can learn, and then . . . learn some more. So, check out the blogs of the bloggers I nominated, and then scroll through their favorite blogs, and the blog lists on those sites as well. There is a wealth of information out there within the blogsphere!!


Thanks again to B. J. for nominating me in the first place . . . and causing me unbearable (kidding) stress in trying to find seven interesting things about myself and trying to pick seven out of a gazillion blogs to nominate! : )


S


Lastly, I'd like to thank Blogger for messing up my formatting because I included a picture. I mean, seriously, Blogger, can't you give a guy a break???






3 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

Thanks Scott! You are beyond awesome!!

Rebecca Knight said...

Thank you, Scott!! :D This totally made my day. You're the best, dude!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Thanks for this award! I've finally put it up on my blog. You can find it HERE. Thanks again!