Sunday, August 16, 2009

Facebook - Networked Blogs

So, not only can I follow all the wonderful blogs I follow using Blogger or Google Reader, if the Blog is on Networked Blogs I can follow it through my Facebook account. Woo-hoo!


I've linked this blog using Networked Blogs, and Elana has done the same, as has Marybeth - note, the links are to their regular blogs. I follow their blogs, and a few others as well through my Facebook page. Why? Well, it makes things just a bit simpler for me. I'm all about simplifying my life.

If you're a Facebook user, you can do this as well. Just click on the link above and click +Add Blog and it will walk you through the process. It then gives you the option to invite friends. Also, say you're a friend of Elana's, it will show you all the Networked Blogs she follows and you can easily follow those as well . . . which is how I added quite a few blogs to my list. SIGH. More. Blogs. To. Follow!


Oh, since I just discovered this . . . in order to have your blog post to your Facebook page, after you've added your blog to Networked Blogs, you need to go to the Networked Blog home page, click on your blog, then profile, then look to the right for 'feed settings', click on that, and it will give you three options - auto, manual, and don't (as in publish). There's also a link which you have to click first to allow authorization. Once done, save, and then your posts will appear on Facebook!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.


Okay


S

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks, Scott! I just found out about this a couple of days ago, but hadn't yet figured out how to add blogs.

Scott said...

You're welcome. I couldn't figure it out either, but found a page on Networked Blogs telling me how to do it.

S

The Kid In The Front Row said...

I find the whole networked blogs thing a pain in the ass! maybe i should give it another go though..

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I've been on this for awhile. We need to get linked, you and I!

Unknown said...

Already following you on all of the above :) Hope you find Networked Blogs as useful as I have!

Thanks for the shout out too.

Scott said...

Kid - rarely hurts to give things a second chance. : )

Lady Glamis - confirmed you as a friend on Facebook. I'll have to search for your blog on Networked Blogs.

Marybeth - learning the ropes with Networked Blogs. It does make life a bit easier when the blogs appear on my Facebook page. : ) Oh, congrats on joining "Give A Girl A Pen". I tried to comment on their site, but it didn't like me yesterday!