Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What's next . . .

Well, I finished the rough draft and have set it aside for a few weeks - the requisite rest period to create the necessary distance. I have editing to do on another project while I wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait - did I mention waiting - wait, wait, wait to hear back on the query I sent out for another project. I'm not the most patient person in the world. Still, I wait and write, or wait and edit, or wait and read, or wait and blog, or wait and drink (once I get home from work in the evenings, and only one glass of wine that sometimes takes me three hours to drink), or wait and walk the boyz, or wait and do the laundry, or wait and . . . Anyhow, the current idea is to finish the first draft of another project, which means inputting the changes I made during the initial read through of the rough draft.

The road to hell, btw, is paved with good intentions. Ever since last night, little ideas have been flitting around in my mind - flit, flit, flit, and flit some more. I tried to resist those ideas (again, the best intentions); but this morning, those ideas just flitted and synapsed their way through my mind and the next thing I knew I was jotting down ideas and then the words began to tumble forth and I typed out the beginning of my next project. DANG! Okay, so now I have to do the old balancing act - edit one project while writing another, oh, and live my life. Can I do it? Of course I can, for I am Superman! Well, not really, but the latest incarnation of Superman did look good in his tights. I'm just saying . . . I'll do the best I can, edit/write, and probably just file the notes away in a folder until I'm ready to sit down and write the rough draft of the project that flitted out of my mind this morning.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I just love to write. I may hate the query (with a passion) process; but I still love to write. I may get dejected when I get the form rejection; but I still love to write. I began to write solely for me, not for any other reason, and maybe that's the key to success. Who knows? I sure as heck don't.

S

No comments: