Monday, November 24, 2008

Tonight was . . .

. . . not a night of hugely flowing words. Tonight was a night of quality (not that everything I write isn't quality) versus quantity. The flow was there, the inspiration, and a sense that every word (okay, not every word, but almost every word, and it's my little world) I wrote had meaning and substance. It was definitely a good, if brief, writing session.

Writing during the week, at least lately - though there was a once upon a time in the way of fairy tales and happy endings time when hours were spent in front of the computer every night after work - is rarely a long-term commitment. I just don't seem to have the time, or rather I don't make the time, to sit down for hours on end and write. I do, however, treasure every moment my fingers are dancing across the keyboard and the words are flowing across the screen. Every moment - seconds, minutes, hours, etc. - of writing is all part of the journey. It does not matter if I only write one sentence each night, as long as I write.

I wrote more than one sentence tonight. I wrote many sentences that formed into paragraphs that formed the next section of my current project. I find myself content right now. I wrote when I did not think I would write - not for lack of inspiration, lack of ideas, but only for lack of time in a crazy world where I go, go, go, and go some more and then wonder where in the frak the time went! Sigh! Such is life . . .

No comments: