Here it is Wednesday . . . again . . . and time for a status report. So, in true writerly fashion doing the writing thingy . . .
The picture to the left is from our garden last year. The day lilies have just started blooming this year. We have a friend who grows and hybridizes lilies, so at the end of each summer we get the castoffs. Not a bad way to stock a garden.
- Wednesday (last week, not this) - started/finished Chapter 3 & 4
- Wednesday (last week) - prewrote (sorry, couldn't help myself on this, the inspiration was hitting me in the head) a good portion of two chapters for later in the book - one of the chapters is the last. Normally, I don't do this, and things may (so he says while trying not to laugh) change before I complete this project. The ideas fell out of my head and it was a shame to let them go to waste.Wednesday (you get the idea by now, last week, not this) - 5,900 words.
- Thursday - started/finished Chapter 5 ~ had no clue what I was going to write. All day long I kept thinking, thinking, thinking about what should Chapter 5 be about. Finally, on the drive home, inspiration struck and I just had to wait for a red light so I could start jotting down notes. It took two red lights, but I jotted down enough.
- Word count - 7,600
- Friday - no actual major writing today. Inspiration again arrived while driving in the car, this time on the way home from margarita night. Sketched out the idea for Chapter 6 when I arrived back home.
- Saturday - started/finished Chapters 6 & 7; sketched out the details for Chapter 8
- Word Count - 10,160
- Sunday - started/finished Chapter 8.
- Word Count - 10,954. Okay, not the best writing day, but in my defense, the yard work did need to take precedence today. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
- Monday - started/finished Chapter 8
- Word Count - 12,103
- Tuesday - wrote opening for Chapter 10 while waiting in line at Starbucks. For whatever reason, the car is inspiring me so far in this work in progress. I'm not about to question why Inspiration seems to strike in my car. She is fickle after all and I take what I can get
- Tuesday - started/finished Chapter 10.
- Word Count - 13,110.
Well, that's a week of progress on my work in progress. It might not be much, but it's something. I've written everyday for a week. Woo-hoo! I haven't even taken my night off that I allow myself when immersed in a project - just a night, some down time where my brain can rest. Oh wait, I did that on Friday (silly me); but, I did sketch things out in my mind and type up some notes, so that counts as writing.
p.s. I'm posting this Tuesday evening, just because I'm done for the night. : )