Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WiP Wednesday - February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog Day!

My wish for the groundhog: may he not see his shadow. Enough with winter already.

Here's my progress - 1/2 way through second read through.

That's it . . . have a nice day. Kidding.

I am about 1/2 way through the first read through. I haven't found any major things to change - just some wrong words (as mentioned in my previous post) and a lack of a word within a sentence . . . or five, well, maybe seven . . . but who the heck's counting? Okay, me, but that's beside the point.

I have one agent - so far - picked out to query. Yeah, only one, but there are a host (well, not really a host so to speak, but a few, well, maybe many) of others that I need to double check information on and see if they have any special requests regarding queries.

Why special requests? Well, because first agent I plan to query wants the following: intro, pitch (one paragraph is fine), and bio. This is not your standard query letter, dear readers. To me, this is a dream. I have the pitch down pat. Well, I hope I have the pitch down pat. You just never know. Still, this query is a bit easier than others where I have to provide a bit more information. So . . . I'm in a quasi-happy place.

Yeah, that happiness will dissipate when - maybe if, one just never knows - I have to send out more queries. Still, for now, I'm enjoying the brief respite from a more lengthy query letter.

Now, my question: does intro mean title, genre, and word count or does it mean something else entirely? Thoughts? Opinions? Words of wisdom?

On that note, dear readers, . . .

S

2 comments:

Davin Malasarn said...

Good luck, Scott! When I was reading about the agent's special requests, I was wondering too what they meant by intro. If I had to guess, I'd say you got it write. Title, genre, word count. Maybe say that your work is complete just to cover your bases. If "intro" means something else, I have no idea what it is!

Amanda Bonilla said...

It seems like no matter how many times I read through a ms, there are always little changes to be made. ;) Good luck with your query!!