Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Links

A quick post today . . .

Seventh Sanctum - this is a site of random tools for creativity and more! Hop over and check it out - basically, there are all types of tools used to generate characters, plot, etc. Casey over at Literary Rambles (this is your second link for the day) linked to this site in her blog post today.

Casey found out about the site from V. R. Barkowski, whose blog you can find . . . here.

Note, both Casey and V.R. provide some great research tips, and links to help out aspiring, and published, writers everywhere. I've learned quite a few things from Casey that have really helped.

A suggested site by V.R. is Academic Earth which provides high quality video lectures by educators from top universities around the country on various subjects. Hey, you never know when you might need to know something more about architecture, religious studies, chemistry and philosophy. Oh, and the lectures are F-R-E-E!!! Woo-hoo!!

And then there's this one which Janet Reid mentioned on her blog this morning. Hilarious!

Okay, that's it for this brief post. I'm sure I'll post something later this week. Things are busy at work, plus Thanksgiving is next week, and I'm in the middle of revisions that are going quite well, plus there are a few ideas dancing around in my mind.

S

6 comments:

Davin Malasarn said...

Thanks for the links, Scott!

Elana Johnson said...

I'm totally staying away from the site Casey had on her blog. I could envision myself falling into that black hole and never coming out. Yikes.

Rebecca Knight said...

I loved the glossary from Janet :D! Great links!

Unknown said...

Hey, I am *SO* with you on short quick posts!!! :) Am planning my own linkspam soon....

Scott said...

Davin - you're welcome.

Elana - I know. I clicked over just to see what it was like and couldn't stop myself from generating.

Rebecca - the glossary was great. It made me laugh.

Beth - ditto. I'm just not into in-depth thinking this week with everything else going on right now.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Thanks for the cool linkage.

Hope your Turkey Day is a nice one.