Sunday, September 13, 2009

Short Story Contest - Genre Wars


Since I have absolute faith that every single one of my followers also follows The Literary Lab and knows all about the Genre Wars . . . I really don't need to say anything else, do I?


Then again, what would life be without a few little comments from . . . well . . . me.


So, click on over here and read about the nifty short story, every genre you've ever heard about, and probably some you haven't because I plan on making a few up just to freak people out, contest that The Literary Lab is hosting.
I plan on entering a fabulously brilliant executed idea that will just wow Simon, Paula, and Randy . . . ooops, sorry, wrong contest, I meant Davin, Lady Glamis, and Scott (the other one, not me).


So, pull out your best shorts . . . no, not the ones that you wore to Casual Friday that resulted in the memo to all employees permanently banning such shorts . . . you know, the stories you wrote long ago and filed away because you started working on the next, best novel that would wow all the agents in the Multiverse and have them beating a path to your door, the novel that would bring you great fame and fortune, a shout out from Oprah, and a slammin' book tour in all the major hotspots of the Multiverse, and . . . yes, that overflowing folder of all the short stories you once wrote but filed away because you had something better to do.


Enter the Contest, dear readers, and make up a genre of your own while you're at it!
S

3 comments:

B.J. Anderson said...

I'm so doing a post on this! I've been meaning to since Lady Glamis sent the email, but life has taken over my writing! Thanks for the reminder!!

Tess said...

How did you know about the shorts memo? Have you been spying my e mail? I swear, I thought they were allowed ;)

And, I suck rocks at short stories...but this contest intrigues me.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Thanks for announcing! I can tell you're excited, and that makes me happy!