Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WiP Wednesday - March 2, 2011

The progress continues on Book II. That's it. Update over with. Have a good day.

Okay, maybe a bit more . . .

Every manuscript I write is a bit different. Just like no two snowflakes are alike, no two writing of manuscripts is alike either.

Book I - frenzy! I wrote the rough draft in two weeks.

Book II - a slow progression, but the words are flowing, and I like what I'm writing.

I think the I like what I'm writing is the most important aspect of the writing process. If I don't like it, why am I writing it? If I don't love it, why am I writing it?

Ah, like and love! No, not going all philosophical on you . . . today. I don't have time.

I'm progressing and that's the most important thing (other than having a good hair day, good hair days are especially important) right now.

S

1 comment:

Crystal Collier said...

Very nice.

I think writing books can be like that--like a passionate love affair, while others have the potential become a deep and abiding love, maturing with time. I had the reverse experience. Book 1 took ages! Book 2 basically happened over night, and the rest, well they continue to steadily materialize in their own fashion.

Perhaps it's better to compare them to children. Every one is different.