The last few weeks of the year were spent reading and not writing. I pulled myself - almost - totally away from writing. I needed a break. I needed distance. I needed time for me, to gel, to reenergize, to just have a break from pretty much anything to do with writing.
Now, the New Year here, the sun shining, the temps frigid, it's time to delve back into the writing process, or, more importantly the editing, finish the query, finish the synopsis, research more agents process.
Editing so far and yet to come . . .
- Beta Readers Comments Received and Read
- Read through without correcting a thing - done!
- Typos and incomplete sentences fixed - done!
- Second read through without correcting a thing - should get underway later this week.
- Review Beta Readers comments and debate pros/cons of making some changes based on reader feedback - will happen this week. Heck, will start happening in a few minutes.
- Respond to Beta Readers questions - sometime today.
- Go through MS sent back from Beta Reader with typos and incomplete sentences highlighted and red flagged - yeah, she went overboard! Ha! - I should start on this later today, and will work on it throughout the week. Hopefully, between my corrections already, there won't be many things to fix. Hopefully.
Next week - off to FL for an annual trip with a group of friends, so very little writing will occur. Okay, no writing at all will probably occur from the time I leave and the time I get back. Ha!
So, I ease back in this week, a blog post here or there, editing everywhere, back to work, and just life in general.
I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year and may this year be filled with happiness and dreams come true.