Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Unplugged, but . . .

Well, I'm back from vacation in Ft. Lauderdale, FL! Sad, sad, sad that I'm back to the real world of work! Geesh! Lucky for me, my return coincides with unplugged week. Woo-hoo!

So, I'm somewhat unplugging, lurking in the shadows, may post, may not post, and all that wonderful jazz.

But . . . before I go to start digging out my desk at work, I want to share two links . . .

First, Rick over at The Public Query Slushpile is recommending critXchange. What is critXchange, well, click on the link to find out, or . . . the goal for critXchange is for writers to post a short description of their book, similar to a query, but instead of querying agents it is a solicitation for other writers and readers to provide feedback on the manuscript. So, hop on over to both blogs, read up, and have fun.

Second, Janet Reid has created a handy-dandy little list that tells writers - fiction, memoir, and non-fiction exactly what they need before they query. So, click here and learn!

S

5 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

This blog looks like a treasure trove of great info! I bounced over from Marybeth's to say hello. Congrats on your award. :-)

Elana Johnson said...

Excellent link to Janet's blog. Glad you had a fun time in FL. I missed your snark here and in my comment box. :)

Scott said...

Shannon - thanks for dropping by. I'm not sure about treasure trove (that'd be Elana's blog), but hopefully there's some good info for aspiring writers.

Elana - me, snarky? Surely not!! The funny thing, I'm at a cocktail party in FL and I hear the words "well, he's really snarky". I turn around, and some friends of mine, and people I don't know, burst out laughing. I mean, snarky and me just don't fit!! : ) Well, they kind of do, but they were also referring to another person in the room. I believe I added a bit of snark to your blog this morning. Just a little. : )

ali cross said...

Welcome back!

Jemi Fraser said...

Glad you had a fun vacation! Enjoy the week and thanks for the links :)