Monday, January 11, 2010

100

Woo-hoo! I reached 100 Followers sometime this weekend. Sorry, can't give you the exact time and date, since I have no clue. I don't really drop into the blogsphere much on the weekends, but, somehow, when I wasn't looking, I reached 100 Followers.

So . . . welcome to the new followers, and thanks to the old ones for sticking around.

Now, I know how I hit the 100 mark. Nicola Morgan over at Help! I Need A Publisher! had a birthday party over at her blog since she reached the 1 year mark on Sunday. As part of the celebration, she had all her followers leave a comment with a brief description and a link to their blogs in order to spread the writing wealth in the blogsphere. So, congrats to Nicola, and thanks for hosting such a fabulous party.

You might want to hop over here and check out the comments. You never know, you might find a blog or 300 to follow. On second thought, Lady Glamis and Elana, don't check out that blog. You two follow way too many blogs as it is, and giving you the potential of hundreds of more blogs might send you both over the edge. I'm just saying . . .

I was also going to do a great post today, but got sidetracked by Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden. I can't seem to put the book down. Seriously. I can't remember the last time I just totally lost myself in a book, page after page, reluctantly putting the book down only when absolutely necessary. The book is a mystery, many mysteries, and the author effortlessly does some amazing things. I'd tell you what they were, but finding them out as you read is half the fun of this book. My only hope is that if I ever attempt something so grand, I can do it 1/4 as well as she has done. So, if you're looking for a good book to read, go get this one. It's an amazing read. I'm 60% through the book, so, depending on my schedule this week, I should have it done by this coming weekend. Woo-hoo.

I will post at least two more posts this week! I have some ideas forming, inspiration from The Forgotten Garden.

S

8 comments:

Tess said...

I love a good book recommendation and hadn't heard of The Forgotten Garden .. I'll keep an eye out, thanks.

And, congrats on the following. Who wouldn't love a little snark in the morning ;)

Robyn Campbell said...

CONGRATS SCOTT!! YAY, *throws confetti* Uh, but we want to know the exact time and date. :-)

And what a great idea. I'll visit her blog and I might do that too. (after I ask her if I can follow in her footsteps.) Happy Monday. And Putting Pen To Paper will be having a contest in February. :)Y'all come on over.

Jody Hedlund said...

Congrats on reaching 100 followers! I've totally loved all of the writers I've met over the past year. It's such an awesome community of support and care.

Scott said...

Tess - It's been so long since I've found a book that I really, really don't want to put down. The Forgotten Garden is definitely one of those books. Love it. Yes, a bit of snark starts the day off right . . . at least in my little corner of the Universe.

Robyn - thanks. Nicola does the 'tell me about your blog thing' before, and it really is a good idea, and a neat way to find more blogs to follow.

Jody - thanks. I remember the days when I didn't have a single follower. Not a one! I think there was less pressure in those days. : ) And, you're right,it's an awesome community out there. I really can't imagine my life without that bit of awesomeness that I find in the blogsphere each day.

Anonymous said...

IT WAS MEEEE! I stumbled across your blog while searching for fantasy writers this weekend. Thank you for all the great posts and other resources I would have never found by keyword search alone.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Thanks for the warning, Scott. Hah. Yes, I follow way too many blogs and I think I'll steer clear. :)

I love losing myself in a book! Love it, love it! Have fun. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on the 100 :) Thanks for the book rec- sounds like a great read!

Scott said...

myliteraryquest - congrats on being 100. Oh, that didn't sound too good, did it. How about this: congrats on being Follower 100!! Yeah, that sounds much better. Enjoy the blog, and all the other blogs out there. If you click on the names of the commenters, it will pull up their profile and give you a link to your blog. There's some really awesome blogs out there.

Lady Glamis - the book is absolutely fantastic, and my week is crazy, so I'll have to wait until later this week to dive back in and read, read, read.

Jemi - see above about the book. It really is one of the best books I've read in a long time . . . and that's saying a lot.