Thursday, January 22, 2009

The intensity of . . .

. . . the writing has diminished. It is not because my passion for the project has diminished, but rather because I have neared the end of the rough draft phase of the current project. This is always a bittersweet time for me. I absolute LOVE the driving passion of the first bloom of a project. I love it even MORE when that passion becomes obsession and I am able to bang out the rough draft (as in this case) in a few weeks. Intensity can only be sustained for a limited amount of time before it begins - at least in my case - to wear the person down. So, bittersweet as the moment is, I am thankful that the intensity has diminished as well. I need a night on the couch with the boyz (Jesse and James, my cocker spaniels). I need some time away from the project before I begin the read-through/edit phase of the project.

At this point, I'm just scrolling back through and inserting a few "filler" chapters here and there to tie everything together. A time will soon come when the project is set on the back burner to simmer for a few weeks. Such is life . . .

No comments: