Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stink, Stank, Stunk

No, I'm not channeling the Grinch. Then again, maybe I am, because . . .

. . . my synopsis can best be described as . . .

. . . STINK!

. . . STANK!

. . .STUNK!

And . . . I wouldn't touch it with a thirty foot pole!! Ha!

Okay, it's not that bad.

Okay, I think it is that bad, though it has some promise . . .

. . . with a heck of a lot of tweaking.

Where in the heck is Cindy Lou Who when you need her?

Because, let me tell ya, my synopsis needs her . . . and a bunch of other stuff.

The problem: when I first worked on the synopsis for my cozy, I thought it was pretty dang good.

Yeah, I know, there I go thinking again. Never a good thing. It always gets me in trouble, like the time . . .

Well, no need to go there! Ha!

Suffice it to say, it needs work. I did some crossing out and red penning last night, and will do more work tonight to get this lovely stinky, stanky, stunky synopsis in tip-top shape!

S

2 comments:

Rebecca Knight said...

Argh :P. The synopsis is always the hardest, isn't it?

You'd think it would be enough to write a novel, but nooo ;).

Good luck, Scott!

Davin Malasarn said...

Ah, the Grinch. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, Scott. I think writing a synopsis can be so hard, especially when you know all the cool things that are in your book that you don't have space to discuss. Good luck with it! You've already got a draft, and that's something!